Personal Care Attendant: What PCA duties can I expect?
Everyone seeks for that extra helping hand if one cannot manage day to day activities especially post hospitalization, even more so needed when one has a medical condition. Having personal care attendants in the comfort of your home will truly make your life more convenient, giving your concerned loved ones that peace of mind knowing that care is responsibly taken over by a reputable home care agency in Edgewood, MD- Caring Nurses Services.
Caring Nurses Services, is a home care agency in Edgewood, MD, whose target goal is to create a continuous flow of quality care for our patients who want to be medically treated at home. We consistently produce highly motivated, exceptionally capable, hardworking, and caring staff of health care professionals available for you and your loved one’s care. Our personal care attendants carry out certain roles and responsibilities to give you better comfort at your home while recovering from a medical condition or undergoing treatments.
The following points below highlights the significance of having a personal care attendant. The home care agency in Edgewood, MD – Caring Nurses Services ensures that our reliable personal care attendants will competently aim to:
- attend to personal care hygiene
- attend to toileting needs
- attend to continence care and follow pad system if necessary
- attend to wound development or pressure areas
- provide appropriate nutrition and hydration as reflected on individual care plans
- make sure that patients are well-groomed, neat and tidy
- maintain the dignity of the patient always
- administer medications following the five rights (right patient, right medication, right route, right dosage and right time)
- adhere to the daily individualized care plan and achieve goal outcomes
- documents daily care notes and write down notable changes
- communicate and maintain rapport with the family and other health care providers involved in the care of the patient
- maintain a relationship that supports the patient’s emotional well-being
- keep the environment risk-free especially if the patient is susceptible to infection
- report any significant changes to a health care provider in the next shift or a senior health care professional involved
- suggest care interventions that will be helpful toward the recovery of the patient
Caring Nurses Services, home care agency in Edgewood, MD, has a dynamic team of nurses, healthcare assistants and home health aides that will assist you with your physical limitation and support you mentally, emotionally and socially. Because of our commitment to give you the excellent due care for your loved ones and other members of the family, we travel to other cities and counties in Maryland, not to mention the Maryland Eastern Shore area. Contact us at 410-676-2222 and we will be delighted to accommodate you on your home health care needs. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow this link www.caringnurse.org/home-care-contact-us if you want to express your thoughts and enumerate inquiries you want us to respond.